The Fisheries Committee investigates and advises the Board and our membership about new and emerging issues affecting the Bay in the areas of aquaculture, water-based invasive species, and the commercial and residential fishing industry to help protect and preserve the fisheries along the eastern and northern shores of Georgian Bay.
What is GBA Doing?
- GBA monitors legislation and provides feedback to the provincial and federal government on fishing and ballast regulations
- GBA reports on the latest invasive species affecting native fisheries in Georgian Bay
What Can You Do?
- Know and follow the most current fishing guidelines: Ontario Fishing Regulations 2021
- Learn to identify and take steps to prevent the propagation of invasive species
In this section, find out:
- the latest on the cage aquaculture issue
- the status and content of Bill C-68 – Canada’s revised Fisheries Act
- what is being done to prevent Asian carp from invading the Great Lakes;
- the latest on aquatic invasive species;
- the state of the commercial fishing industry in Georgian Bay;
- why GBA is opposed to the cormorant hunt