Record high-highs and low-lows. What do we know?
Jointly chaired by GBF Executive Director, David Sweetnam, and GBA Executive Director, Rupert Kindersley, our symposium asked the experts for their takes on to key water level issues.
- What’s known and not known about water-level fluctuation cycles?
- What’s known and not known about water levels control structures?
- Do we have all the data we need to understand water levels and, if not, what data and data-collection approaches should be prioritized?
- How can existing and to-be-collected data be converted to a consistent format and presented to better inform decision-making?
The afternoon session focused on two questions:
- What improvements could be made to coordination between control boards and their coordination with other water levels control structures in the system to better address extreme high and low water levels?
- Is there consensus on action that could be taken to improve coordination and ensure that we collectively use all available methods to mitigate future extreme high and low water levels?
Our Amazing Panel
We were privileged to have top experts in the field share their expertise and answer questions. Our accomplished panel consisted of: