GBA Membership has its Benefits!
Please find below four great savings offers exclusively available for members of GBA Associations:
- 15% savings on Cottage and Boat Insurance, which can also include Home and Car Insurance
- 30% savings on the FoodCycler on-site food waste recycler
- 25% savings on Automatic External Defibrillators (AED’s)
- 40% savings on Coleman and Stearns outdoor products and lifejackets
Seasonal & Home Property Insurance (Rice Insurance)
Rice Insurance provides a 15% discount on GBA members’ personal insurance, which can be extended beyond cottage and boats to home and auto. Rice Insurance provides this valuable discount for members of GBA associations. To access the savings, Rice can be contacted at: 1-800-579–7423 or email@example.com.
Rice has also developed a comprehensive explanation of Georgian Bay insurance matters here: A Guide to Protecting your Cottage & Boats, and Other Georgian Bay Insurance Issues. This guide provides advice and tips on insurance issues relating to your cottage and boats for Canadian, US and overseas residents, as well as insurance coverage for associations.
On-Site Food Waste Recycling (FoodCycler)
GBA members are eligible for a special 30% discount on the FoodCycler FC-30. The FoodCycler is a composting alternative that makes diverting your food waste easy, clean, and odorless. The FoodCycler turns food waste into a dry, sterile, and odorless mulch within hours – with weight/volume reduced by 90%. The end product can be used on-site for gardening, heating or collected and transferred to a municipal green bin.
GBA members can purchase the FoodCycler FC-30, grinding bucket, bucket lid and filter set for $350+HST with free shipping in Canada
To access this offer or ask questions, please visit https://food-cycler-ca.myshopify.com/ and use the SHOP GBA link to purchase. The password to access the site is gba. For reporting and verification purposes, please advise at checkout which GBA member association you are part of.
- Is it easy to use? Yes, load your food scraps and press Start. You’re done! A few hours later the cycle will complete, and you can empty the bucket and start over.
- How big is it? 13X11X14 inches (Roughly the size of a bread machine)
- Power consumption? Average of 0.8kWh per cycle.
- Capacity? Approximately 2 Litres.
- Supplies needed? Filters should be replaced every 3-6 months to reduce odours. Filters and other accessories can be purchased from Vitamix.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is this good for the environment? Each cycle is diverting food waste that would otherwise end up in the landfill and produce harmful methane gases.
- Am I saving my local government money? Yes, waste is expensive! Diverting your food waste reduces the tipping fees paid and/or extends the life of your local landfill.
- What do I do with soil amendment? A few uses include fertilizing soil in your garden, burning in a fireplace/campfire, or adding to a municipal green bin program.
- What if I have other questions? Email email@example.com and we’ll help
Automated External Defibrillators (Action First Aid)
GBA members are entitled to a 25% discount on Action First Aid Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). Action First Aid offers excellent after-sales support & information, and will travel to the Bay to provide informative presentations/training sessions for your association if requested.
Action First Aid is offering GBA Members their HeartSine Samaritan 350P Defibrillator bundle for $1,250 (+HST). This defibrillator is affordable and easy to use and features:
- 8-year warranty
- AED/CPR First Aid Kit
- AED Tracking & FULL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- 4-year Pad and Battery pack
- Free replacement of pads & batteries if the AED is used in an emergency
Every second counts! Especially in remote cottage locations where emergency response services are often not as available. The reality is without a defibrillator (AED) the chance of surviving sudden cardiac arrest is almost zero. Every minute that goes by, the chance of survival drops 10%. Sometimes we only have 10 minutes to save a life. The good news is, AEDs are very easy to use and belong everywhere – home, work and cottage! Action First Aid is helping businesses and home owners across Canada establish strong AED programs. Their experienced staff will help you from start to finish – choose the right machine, provide exceptional training, and track your pads and batteries.
To access the savings, go to ActionFirstAid.ca
Outdoor Products and Lifejackets (Coleman Canada and Stearns)
GBA members are entitled to an amazing 40% discount off the price of many Coleman Canada outdoor products and Stearns lifejackets.
Georgian Bay Association is a member of the Canadian Safe Boating Council (CSBC), which avails us of this generous savings opportunity. The CSBC is in the business of promoting safe and responsible boating throughout Canada and works closely with leaders within the national and regional offices of boating safety to bring about changes that make boating on Canadian waterways both safer and more enjoyable. CSBC’s motto is “helping you stay safe on the water“.
How to access the discount:
- Go to the Coleman’s website: www.colemancanada.ca and locate outdoor recreational products that interest you. (Make sure to click on the Stearns logo at the top of the page to see the wide range of child and adult lifejackets!)
- Make a note of the product name and the Item# for each item that interests you (tip: the Item# comes up after you click on the picture of the product in question). Product prices are not provided on either the Coleman or Stearns sites.
- For pricing and completion of the ordering process, visit: https://csbc.ca/en/about-us-alias/627-coleman-stearns-discount-program. CLICK THE LINK for the PRICE LIST, and then enter the password provided by your Association to access the list.
- Found something you like? Record the details, and place your order by email, using the instructions on that same CSBC webpage.
- You’ll be contacted by email with an order confirmation and a request to provide your credit card details in a Secure Link to Pre-authorize to Carolyn Shepherd, the Coleman/Stearns representative.