Timing – 2019
UPDATE is published three times a year and the schedule for material, advertisements and joint mailings is as follows:
|Issue||Advertising Bookings1||Advertisements & Copy Deadline1||Mailing List Deadline2||Joint Mailing3 Deadlines||Target4 Publication Date|
|Spring||January 3||January 10||January 21||January 31||February 8|
|Summer||April 4||April 11||April 19||April 29||May 10|
|Fall||August 29||September 5||September 16||September 26||October 4|
- Please see Advertise section of this website for full details.
- This refers to the members mailing lists which need to be sent by most GBA member associations to Sue Anderson, Administrative Assistant, Georgian Bay Association, 561 Avenue Road, Suite 206, Toronto, ON M4V 2J8, 416-860-0100 416-860-0580 (fax) firstname.lastname@example.org
- This refers to those member associations of GBA who provide material, such as their newsletter, that is mailed out together with UPDATE and who need to get this material to GBA’s distribution service company. For details of the cost and how this works please contact the Editor of UPDATE.
- GBA uses its best efforts to meet the target publication date – the date on which UPDATE is mailed/distributed – but is not responsible for any delay or any earlier publication date.
Georgian Bay Association
The Value of Advertising in GBA UPDATE
- Ability to reach a group of more than 6,000 decision makers that can afford to buy and are likely have a need for your product!
- Your Ad is placed in a quality publication where advertising space is limited to approximately 1 page of ads per 4 pages of articles.
- Most of our members are couples but other family members and visitors read GBA UPDATE as it is viewed as a trusted and authoritative source of information on issues affecting Georgian Bay. It tends to live for months on coffee table at peoples homes and cottages. Our readership is estimated to be about 18,000.
- Exclusivity, once we have one advertiser from a given market segment, we do not actively solicit others in that segment. Although we do not guarantee exclusivity, it is not our intention for you to see a competitor’s ad in the same issue.
- GBA UPDATE is also posted on our GBA website where even more readers can see it and your ads!
- Soon, you ad will also be available on our website at no additional cost.
- Your placement of an advertisement in GBA UPDATE will help the GBA in its efforts to protect the Georgian Bay Area and allow it to be enjoyed by many for years to come.
Publishing Dates And Deadlines
UPDATE is published 3 times each year and the timing and deadlines are as follows:
UPDATE is published 3 times each year and the timing and the deadlines are as follows:
|Issue||Publication Date||Material Deadline|
Per Insertion Fee (Plus HST)
|Ad size||One insertion||Three Insertions|
Since GBA is a not-for-profit corporation, no agency commission can be offered.
For full-page advertisements a ‘bleed’ optional is acceptable
Ask us about our new Digital and Social Media options!
Reservations and space inquiries should be directed to
GBA Advertising Manager,
phone: (416) 484-4861
Materials are requested to be sent in Mac Formatted Files including all links and fonts to:
JCL design (http://www.jcldesign.ca) Tel.: (705) 636-7319
1462 Fern Glen Road, Fax.: (705) 636-7320
RR#1, Emsdale, ON P0A 1J0
Advertising Specifications for GBA UPDATE
Width x Height:
- Trim size of GBA Update publication= 8.5″ x 11″
- Quarter Vertical page = 4″ x 5″
- Quarter Horizontal page = 8″ x 2.625″
- Half Vertical page = 4″ x 10.5″
- Half Horizontal page = 8″ x 5.25″
- Full page = 8.5″ x 11″ (live area= 7″ x 10″)
For best reproduction, ads can be supplied in the following formats:
- Press-Ready PDF (should be sized to booking specs)
- Adobe InDesign CS2 or earlier
- Adobe Illustrator CS2 or earlier
- Quark Xpress 6.1 or earlier
Other formats will be accepted but may incur design fees. Unless a PDF is supplied, include fonts and supporting graphic files.
Pixel-based image elements (photos) can be saved as uncompressed JPEG, TIF or EPS files, and should be minimum of 300 dpi. Vector-based graphic elements (logos) can be supplied as EPS. These files are resolution-independent.