So you are the custodian of some land on Georgian Bay…
The Georgian Bay Biosphere has published multiple manuals to provide support for sensible property development.
We recommend checking out this resource if you own property on Georgian Bay. You can find more helpful guides published by GBB here.
Keeping it natural
Keeping your property natural is very important to protecting the unique environment of Georgian Bay. GBB has provided some guides on how to keep things natural.
- Best for the Biosphere: Native Plant List
- Planting for Pollinators: A Guide for Eastern Georgian Bay
- GBA: Gardening Best Management Practices
- A Guide for Northern Ontario: Beautiful Non-Invasive Plants for your Garden
- Locate Native Species in Your Area
Becoming a citizen scientist
As property owners (part time or full time) you have an opportunity to provide important citizen science to several organizations.